DealDash's Dishonest Marketing
This is a quick email I sent to DealDash today after being annoyed (for the last time) over their dishonest marketing emails.
"What's up with the dishonest emails? Just got one about (and I quote,) the "cheapest bids of the year"! They're not the cheapest. At 15 cents/bid, they are not even close to the cheapest, there have been far 'cheaper' this year, and I don't even have to scroll to my next page of DealDash emails to see that. There were 10 and 11-cent bids for all of April. There were 10, 11, and 12-cent bids during March, February, and January. Saying that 15-cent bids are the "cheapest of the year" is flat-out wrong. It's dishonest. On top of that, the "IT'S ALMOST SOLD OUT!" emails are ridiculous-- we all know that bids don't 'sell out.' I used DealDash for awhile and have spent tons of money here. I had to quit when I decided to start saving money for a new home a few months ago, but decided to stay subscribed to emails in case I could ever get back in the game. But these hard-sell, dishonest emails and "sales" are the reason that I finally unsubscribed, and most likely also the reason I won't return even when I'm able to. DealDash provides "fair and honest auctions," but the marketing doesn't follow suit. Just my two cents, not looking for a response. "
The home page right now currently says, "Lowest bid price all year," which is a blatant lie. I doubt this is illegal or anything of the sort, but it is completely dishonest. And annoying. I'm so glad I finally unsubscribed to them.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a pair of sunglasses, they sent the wrong pair will not give my money back. They blame their dispatch, whatever that means. They won't accept responsibility. They just want..."
- "Pamela K. Geldart DIRECTLY PLAGIARIZED (including a misspelled word) to create her latest of seven online ventures, this one called the “Regional Florida Lighting” (www.regionalfloridalighting.com). Her blatant copyright infringement..."
- "Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement..."
- "Traveled by plane on a one way ticket from the north east to Ohio to go potentially pick up a truck that i was interested in purchasing. Upon arrival..."
- "I have tried in vein to e-mail a picture and ask for an explanation. All I get is "HTTP Error 404" or the requested resource is not found. Every e-mail..."
- "Was talked into buying a Lifeproof Fre for my Iphone 6 by the good folks at Verizon. Initially, I thought it was a good idea to protect such an expensive..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."