DealDash's Dishonest Marketing
This is a quick email I sent to DealDash today after being annoyed (for the last time) over their dishonest marketing emails.
"What's up with the dishonest emails? Just got one about (and I quote,) the "cheapest bids of the year"! They're not the cheapest. At 15 cents/bid, they are not even close to the cheapest, there have been far 'cheaper' this year, and I don't even have to scroll to my next page of DealDash emails to see that. There were 10 and 11-cent bids for all of April. There were 10, 11, and 12-cent bids during March, February, and January. Saying that 15-cent bids are the "cheapest of the year" is flat-out wrong. It's dishonest. On top of that, the "IT'S ALMOST SOLD OUT!" emails are ridiculous-- we all know that bids don't 'sell out.' I used DealDash for awhile and have spent tons of money here. I had to quit when I decided to start saving money for a new home a few months ago, but decided to stay subscribed to emails in case I could ever get back in the game. But these hard-sell, dishonest emails and "sales" are the reason that I finally unsubscribed, and most likely also the reason I won't return even when I'm able to. DealDash provides "fair and honest auctions," but the marketing doesn't follow suit. Just my two cents, not looking for a response. "
The home page right now currently says, "Lowest bid price all year," which is a blatant lie. I doubt this is illegal or anything of the sort, but it is completely dishonest. And annoying. I'm so glad I finally unsubscribed to them.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up..."
- "I received an email stating an iMac for $19.99 as the advertised price, then you go to the website and it's much more. This is false advertising! From..."
- "I was his biggest fan, so I was as surprised as anyone. He is a fraud. He pretends to be concerned & compassionate, but gossips about his patients..."
- "The Structured Settlement Quotes (SSQ) website at structuredsettlement-quotes.com website is infected with malware according to a Sucuri Site check scan run on November 28, 2014. Sucuri states that malicious..."
- "Was talked into buying a Lifeproof Fre for my Iphone 6 by the good folks at Verizon. Initially, I thought it was a good idea to protect such an expensive..."
- "Dry fried rice, some rice grains are hard to chew..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "My first MTB was missing the top dollar item. Seems like they will send me the missing item. I still canceled the subscription, it should be easy to..."